|So apparently at some point a Summit Racing location opened not too far away. Let's go spend money.|
|Primary goal was to get the AC side of the Holley relocation brackets
(accomplished). Also got the PS pump needed; not mounting the pulley
until after remove/reinstall the engine again -- I've already broken one new
PS pulley; not doing that again.|
Engine will be coming out "relatively soon" - I'll want to finish up the welding of the firewall/floor/tunnel, and then seal and paint.
|Next task: Try again on raising the tunnel (as mentioned last time, at one point I'd tacked the brace on both sides and broke both free accidentally.) This time it ain't breaking.|
|The nice part about "interior floor" is that it ain't got to be pretty, it just has to be solid. This is 16ga.|
And welded all the way around. You might notice that the screw in the
upper left has a blob of bead that's run down around it... oops. I
think I'll need to clear that and remove the screw. I also ran out of
shielding gas at this point (quick run to Northern Tool for a cylinder
Even raised 2.25", the tunnel sure is shorter than the shifter housing.
|Equivalent done on pass side too. Will need to continue the
process towards the back; next brace also has the seat belt mounts so will have to be
Also still need to finish the front part of the tunnel, of course.
|And another shot of the engine with most of the accessories in place. Once I've pulled/reinstalled the engine and done the pass header modifications (see "1 Dec 2013 update) I think the core support can go in, along with the radiator etc. and we'll be a few steps closer.|
Go back to the previous day (10 Dec 2017)