Rear panel complete.

By now, you know the drill. Start by cutting out the rusted portion of the top layer, then cut the rusted part of the bottom (structural) layer. I didn't take enough pics during this part; the structural layer was a little more difficult this time due to a couple of holes that had to be drilled for backup/license light wires. I got to use the Harbor Frieght drill press, which also worked decently, although it is a bit underpowered (bit hung up a couple of times). No pics of that patch panel; it wasn't all that pretty anyway.
As with the rest of the patches, I roughed out a patch from the old quarters. I think the outer patch on this side is more than a 90 degree angle, this one seems to be pretty close but doesn't tuck in as tightly as that one. Not that it really matters.
Again I failed to take enough in-progress pics. I replaced the structure and panel for the inner part of the license plate cutout as well, and with that I have completed my changes to the rear panel.
Next up, the rear seat panel and pass quarter.

Go back to the previous day (9 Mar 03)
Go on to the next day (6 Apr 03)