Busy day.

It's rained for the past couple of days, so it was too muddy to go to the Swapmeet today. Worked on both cars instead.
Time to patch the pass rear panel. I roughly cut out this chunk of the old fenders and added a bend to it that should match there it needs to be. I also roughly cut out the rear panel to match.
As you can see, I had to notch the new panel where the trunk goes.
Welded the trunk side. The lamp portion has not been cut out completely yet. I don't remember where I read this plan for replacing sheetmetal, but it seems to work really well. Basically, I cut both bits at the same time so I can keep a consistent gap.
Seems to have worked pretty well, I had to weld higher on the outside bolt hole (far right of the pic) as the metal was very thin there. I guess I didn't take any pics after grinding the welds, but I am quite pleased with how it worked out.
The trim seems to fit just fine still.
Welded and ground some on this gap. It's not finished yet though.
Tacked this brace back down.
Welded the parts of the dropoff together (to measure and create new one) then cut it off.

Go back to the previous day (12 Feb 03)
Go on to the next day (1 Mar 03)